It takes you time, focus and a lot of energy in order to create a book. After working so hard to choose your category, put together the content, write a description and created an attractive and professional looking cover, it’s time to think about publishing your book.
Book publishing is a competitive process and you need to know how to be unique. If you are planning to publish a book and intend to sell numerous copies, you need to put in place good marketing strategies.
You need to find an effective way of letting your audience aware that you’ve released a book for them which is going to add value to their lives. The following ideas can help you to kickstart your book marketing campaign.
- Website – With technology becoming predominant in today’s society, you can use it to market and sell your books. One great way of marketing your book is create a landing page for marketing your book. Alternatively, you can have a book store on your website to help you sell the current book and any future books you may write.
- Press Release – Write a compelling press release announcing the launch of your book. Ensure the content is awesome and focuses on how your book will solve a problem for your audience. Book press releases are an excellent way of creating awareness and possibly, generate the attention of the media.
- Blog – Come up with blog posts which are related to your book’s subject
matter. For instance, if your book focuses on interior décor, it’s good to write blog posts that revolve around various interior décor topics. In addition, you can post guest blogs on popular blogs in your niche in order to expand your audience. In your blogs, include a direct call to action button in order to market your book.
- Email – Start to gradually build your email list and make an announcement of your book release in your list. You could be creative and offer a reward to your subscribers by coming up with a promotional price for your book. Invite your subscribers to share the promotional price with their friends.
- Social Media – Social media is the in-thing now and the most effective way of connecting with your audience in order to promote and sell your book. There are various ways you can use social media. For instance, you can come up with a virtual signing, book contest or an event to discuss more about your book and engage with your fans. These are some of the great ways you can use social media to market your book and achieve higher sales.
- YouTube – Video is a great way to advertise your book. A unique way to
market your book is to create a book trailer similar to a movie trailer to create interest and let the online community know about your new book. This method has worked well for a lot of authors marketing their newly published books.
- Book Groups – There are various groups on the internet that specifically draw membership from authors and readers. Find relevant groups you feel will help with your marketing efforts and join them. Begin connecting, sharing and promoting your book and those of your fellow authors online.
Book marketing is a time intensive task that requires focus and deployment of good strategy. Keep in mind that a book cannot sell itself, if you want great sales, you have to do more to get your book to the public.